Every year Pacific Horizons School celebrates the end of the school year with an Arts Festival. Each of the classes prepare a performance; some choose Samoan dances, while others perform a play or song that highlights what the kids have been learning.
Emma's class has been studying human anatomy. Her class made up a play in which their teacher, Mr. Snyder, was a scarecrow who needed various organs. Emma came home from school one day and announced that she was going to be a kidney. My first thought was that I was going to have to sew some grotesque costume, but thankfully the kids didn't actually dress up as body parts. They just had a drawing of an organ, and after saying their lines, they placed their organ onto the scarecrow's body.
The 3- and 4-year-olds, "the guppies", are always the cutest class. Their teacher, Leti, is a well-known Samoan dancer and she taught the kids a Samoan dance. Some of our friends' kids are in the class so I thought I'd post a few pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment