Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dinner at Tisa's

With three of my girlfriends' birthdays falling within the same week, we celebrated with dinner at Tisa's Barefoot Bar. The whole place is constructed out of driftwood and other random things that wash up on the beach. The decks are built around the trees so the effect is a bit like being in a tree house, overlooking the ocean. We've spent lots of Sundays at the sandy beach here that I sometimes take for granted just how cool Tisa's is.
Dinner was delicious. Fresh-caught yellow fin tuna, New Zealand steaks, and coconut vegetable curry were the main courses. For dessert, Tisa made us the best chocolate cake I've had in a long time. The plates were woven from palm fronds with a banana leaf laid on top to keep your food from falling through the cracks.The combination of the ocean breezes, the kids home with babysitters, and the great food and close friends made for such a nice night. This is why we live on a tropical island!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What!!! Better than my chocolate cake? Ok, it WAS pretty darn good.

The Brown's said...

Oh sorry Liz, but I did say the best chocolate cake. Technically, you would get the award for the best chocolate cupcakes! See the difference? Plus, if you served your cupcakes with chocolate ice cream and hot fudge, I'm sure they'd beat Tisa's cake anyday.

Tony said...

That place looks so cool!