The NOAA ship Hi’ialakai has been quite the destination recently. Last week we had about 200 school kids and teachers come aboard for two days to see how the ship ran and see what science work is done while out to sea. This opportunity was only open to some invited high school students. Emma was disappointed that she was not in high school and so could not come aboard. So a few days later I took her around the ship for her own personal tour. 
She was fascinated by the galley and the steepness of the ladders (stairways for all you none nautical people). What really entertained her though was my rack (bed) since it is a bunkbed and very little and that we all have TV in our staterooms. So after seeing my stateroom (I share with the ships divemaster) we headed up to the bridge. This was neat for both of us since I had never really had a reason to go up myself. 



No comments:
Post a Comment