
It was quite a big deal when Emma's school received a grant for 25 instruments and was able to start a band for kids in grades 5 up through high school. Emma auditioned and was chosen to be one of the flute players. I find this especially cool as I was once a flute player myself. Their instructor is the school's kindergarten teacher who just happens to have a degree in music education.

On Friday the band had their first concert following a play put on by the junior high school. The band was just started in December and it was great to see what they have accomplished in such a short time. The kids did a wonderful job playing their 3 songs.


The play was Alice in Wonderland and we got a laugh out of the rose bush/palm tree. I guess you create what you know. It didn't take Emma long of living on the island before she too started drawing palm trees rather than pine trees.
1 comment:
Way to go Emma!!!! Rock the Rock
Post a Comment