Tuesday, June 12, 2007
A New Leaf
It seems I may have turned over a new leaf in my life. As many of my friends and family know, I am not always the neatest person. I do, however, often try to fake it and clean right before a guest is coming to the house. A couple weeks ago may have been the life changing moment when I discovered Emma eating her breakfast. She was sitting at the table with a bowl of frosted mini-wheats, a fork in one hand, and a straw in the other. I questioned her choice of eating utensil and she replied, "There are no clean spoons so I'm eating my cereal with a fork. I still wanted some of the milk, though, so after every bite I suck a drink of milk with the straw." While my laziness may have inspired ingenuity in our child, I decided that it was time to keep the house a bit cleaner. Paul pointed out to me today that I set a new record.... 11 days now with a clean house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi. I met Paul on the NOAA cruise to Wake Island. I've enjoyed your blog. I loved the fork/straw novelty. I talked about it with a professor and he wanted to ask: does your daughter put her bread into the toaster always in the same direction (e.g., round side up) or does she place it any which way. He suspects the latter, but is curious. Cheers.
Better late than never Melanie, I knew you had it in you! Clever Em! Keep up the blogging and I'll do my best to keep reading them.
Love you all,
Josh
Post a Comment