Monday, August 13, 2007

Better Know Your Protectorate

A few weeks ago I was watching my favorite news source, The Stephen Colbert Show. Yes, I get my news from a fake newscaster. Colbert was introducing a new series called “Better Know a Protectorate.” He interviewed the Guam legislator and it was hysterical. He kept showing a map of the U.S. and asking the Congresswoman to point out Guam. I was wishing that he would feature American Samoa and it turns out that now he has. Check out the link:

Stephen Colbert Interview with Congressman Eni Faleomavaega

Because my internet at home is so slow and the government has blocked the site at the National Park office, I have yet to watch this. I trust it is funny, though maybe more to those living here. For the rest of you, maybe it will give you some insight into our life here. I am anxiously awaiting the television show when it will air here next week, as we get all of our shows two weeks late. I often wonder if I am going to turn on the tv one day and learn that the world ended two weeks ago.

No comments: